First know this, You’re free to worship here
At the Crossing Church, we were started with a vision from God. This vision is to be sure that every person is welcome in the church. Everyone should feel welcome to take part in our ministries, our worship, and as a part of the family of Christ. No matter your background or past, rest assured that you can find your place to worship God in this house. It is our commitment to remain true to the vision God has shown us. We are here to reach out to our community and present a message and a promise of hope from our risen savior, Jesus Christ. With Jesus as our head, we are confident that no matter your age, ethnicity, color, or creed you have the right to praise our creator.
Our Foundational Beliefs
- We believe the Holy Bible, consisting of both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired revelation of God to man. Therefore, the Scriptures are the infallible, authoritative rule for all matters of faith and conduct.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to Heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as our intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is necessary and commanded from God for forgiveness.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. This is done as an ordinance of the Crossing Church.
- In communion for remembrance of the broken body of Christ and for his shed blood upon Calvary. This is instituted as an ordinance of The Crossing Church. This remembrance is done by taking of unleavened bread and juice of the vine that has been consecrated, or set aside for this purpose.
- We believe in the second coming of Christ to receive the church unto him and reign forever. The return of Jesus Christ is imminent and will precede his reign upon the earth and the final judgments. Afterward there will be a new heaven and new earth.
- In the fellowship of the saints. When we accept Jesus as Lord, we are born into the family of God. We become members of the Body of Christ together, accountable to one another as brothers and sisters in the community of faith. We are to become an active part of a local fellowship of believers.